Sunday, August 16, 2009

EVAN HAS A LITTLE BROTHER

What we have really been up to:

We are proud to introduce
Landon Arlen Malakai Palmer

Alright, the truth as to why I have been so bad at blogging lately is finally coming to light. We are now a family of four, and we have been a little busy!!!!

We have always known that we wanted Evan to have at least one sibling and when we moved here a year ago we began the adoption process again to try and achieve this goal. We were told that in Canada once a couple is on the active waiting list they usually wait years for a baby! Imagine our complete shock when three weeks after being on the list we got our call!!!!!

Landon's tummy mommy was given three different due dates. The first was July 15 (Evan's birthday) the next was July 20, and the last was July 25. This meant that we could literally expect him to come to us anytime from the beginning of July to August. Well our little Landon proved to love the womb and she was induced on August 3. Even then he hung on to her insides as tight as he could and he was finally delivered with forceps at 8:15 a.m. on August 4, 2009. Landon entered the world weighing 8lbs. 3 oz. and was 21.5 inches long.

We were so blessed to meet Landon on the day he was born and that is the day that we fell in love. The whole time Evan just wanted to feed him and kept kissing and hugging his new brother. It was a wonderful day!




The best surprise of the week was that we were able to do the placement on the very next day. It was an amazingly beautiful, inspirational, and completely draining experience. It brought back so many memories of Evan's placement. The placement of our boys are some of the most amazing experiences of our lives.

In Alberta there is a 10 day relinquishing period, hence the hiding out! Besides the 10 day waiting period, the hardest part of this whole experience was that my sister got married during the 10 day period. Legally one of us had to be with Landon and he cannot cross the border yet. This meant that I had to leave my brand new baby and husband for three days. I loved my sisters wedding (I will blog about that later) but I was sooo happy to come back home!


Since bringing Landon home we have gotten some new-born pictures taken, his umbilical cord fell off, he has started drinking 4 ounces, and he now smiles in his sleep. Landon has a firery personality and is either really content (or sleeping) or he is royally ticked off. He hates feeling free, which includes bath time, diaper changes, and laying on his back. He loves being held and swaddled. Sooo cute!






Evan loves having a little brother. He talks about Landon all the time. He constantly wants to see him and kiss him. I love watching them together.



I have been just waiting for the time that we were allowed to announce our new little bundle of joy! The 10 days of waiting are over!!! It is finally here!!!!
Welcome to our family Landon!!!!!!!

37 comments:

Da Costa said...

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! CONGRATS! I was so stressed during that 10 day waiting period and am so glad Landon is now completely and totally yours. He's beautiful! Can't wait to see him in just 5 days!!! And of course, you guys too! Love you!

Rick and Christie Farnsworth said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and I love the joy you can see in Evan's face! Keep the pictures coming, he's a cutie.

Erin said...

Congratulations Kira, Justin and Evan!! What a beautiful addition to your family :)

Ang said...

Kira, This post just made my day - I am so happy for you! If you need anything PLEASE let me know! Thinking of you guys and sending my love! I'll be seeing you soon I hope :)

merrilykaroly said...

aaah! wow!!!!!! that is so amazing! congratulations! he is so beautiful.

motherofangels said...

oh oh oh, I have known all about this and yet as I read this post I am crying. Seriously. Maybe it is because I am pregnant. But I think more than that, I knew how badly you wanted another baby and I knew how hurt you would have been to lose him. Today is a GREAT day!!! He is so sweet! and I will watch him any time you need :)

becky said...

Yea, congratulations!

Unknown said...

Wow, congratulations you guys! He's absolutely adorable! I can't get over how happy and excited Evan is. Hope ya'll come to Florida soon. Hugs and kisses.
<3 always,
Anna

Lynn said...

Congratulations!!! This is awesome news. I have a really good friend who also was able to adopt again just a short while ago. (Their 4th adoption). This just tickles me pink to here such happy news all summer long.

IF you wish to have a peek at her latest bundle, check her (and him) out here:

http://christalbevans.blogspot.com/

Have a WONDERFUL lazy remaining summer with all three of your boys. ; )

Linz said...

WOW!! What a surprise!! Congrats!! That is awesome!! He looks so cute! We are thrilled for you two. A family of four! That is awesome!!

Unknown said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! Hooray! Kira! I'm so so so happy for you guys! You are wonderful parents and Evan and Landon are so lucky- congrats to both of you- how fun! I can't wait to see more pics of your little ones :)

bioman75 said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome foryou guys. Your two boys are so bleassed to have two great parents. We miss you guys in Florida.

Cameron said...

Congrats! Thats wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

P.S. Evan's smiles are just contagious- I can't help but giggle when I see his sweet smile and scrunched up nose :)

Peter and Mandy said...

Woohoo. So happy for you all. My mom was so excited when I told her...she couldn't wait to see your blog today.

Teresa said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for your family. He is a beautiful baby, and you two are wonderful parents. Prayers have been answered :).

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Oh, I am just balling. What a precious little blessing! He's beautiful Kira. And, how tender are those pictures of Evan and him. Little sweethearts. I can't wait to come see you guys and bring goodies.

Dorienne said...

What a gift. We are so happy for you. Evan is going to be an amazing big brother.

Lisa said...

Okay, now I can relax and actually start to enjoy our new little grandson! We are so happy and can't wait to meet little Landon :) I LOVE the pictures of Evan with Landon. They are darling!! We loved having you here for the wedding. Everyone is amazing, as was I, at how well Evan maneuvers his wheelchair. He is darling in the small portion of the wedding video we have. I can't wait to see the whole thing. Everyone also has commented on how beautiful yours and Lisle's number was. You already know I thought it was beautiful. I hope we get to see more pictures of sweet Landon :)I also think it's wonderful you got to announce to our ward family here that you've got a new baby :)

Heidi said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! I'll be honest. As I was brushing my teeth tonight, I thought, "Kira doesn't usually miss my birthday, I wonder if they got a new baby?" So I jumped back on the internet and there you all are!!! I am so happy for you I could almost burst. I hope we get to see you soon. You're always welcome to come stay with us.

Heidi said...

Oh, and Trent says congratulations and that it is so cool too.

Debbi said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!! I'm so thrilled for you, Kira!! Congrats on your new arrival!!

Jlowryjr said...

We're so happy for you guys!

Michelle Knight said...

!!!!!

Congratulations! What a sweet, beautiful little baby boy! And what a lucky little guy to get you and Justin for parents!

Jlowryjr said...

Yeah! I am crying right now- I am so happy for each and every one of you! All the waiting and anxiety is over and well worth it! What a beautiful and perfect little boy!!

This is Lacy- by the way.

CJB said...

Congratulations! Kira, he is gorgeous! I love the picture of Evan holding his new baby brother. You can feel his excitement. We are so happy for you!

The Meyers said...

Horray!!!!!!!!!!! Little Landon is so cute! we cant wait to meet him! Fiery huh? We know all about that over here. Call us soon!

Erin said...

Hi Kira this is Erin, Serene's sister. I occasionally visit your blog and when I logged on today I was so happy for you and your family. What an amazing blessing to have a new member of your cute family. As I read your post tears came to my eyes, your boys are both so precious! Congratulations!

Fred ... said...

You sure got a lot of comments on this posting. Congratulations Kira. I'm so happy for you and Justin. It was wonderful having you here but it was so sad that Justin (and Landon) couldn't come. Enjoy your little baby and keep us all updated with your blog.

Sarah said...

Sooooooo many congratulations! Good luck with the new little one and enjoy your new family of four!

Melanie said...

Congrats!! WOW!!! How blessed you are. Enjoy him:)

Anonymous said...

I dont know if you remember me...but you came to my wedding (Loretta's adopted daughter and your mom was at the hospital when i was born) anyway...beins adopted myslef i have to say that you are such an inspiration to me! It means so much to me to see those babies being loved the way you are loving them. Thanks for being such and amazing, loving, kind, graciouse woman!

Jen and Ricky said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so happy for you all. I kept praying it would work out for you and when I didn't see anything in July started to get concerned. Oh man! this is so exciting. Can you email or text me your address? I miss you but am so glad you are doing well and what a sweet wonderful boy!

Gladys said...

CONGRATULATIONS Palmer Family!!! We had no idea that everything had already happend. We are happy that you didn't have to wait long and that your sweet Evan has a baby brother. They will be great friends. We Love you 4!! :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

i looooove the pics of evan and him together :)

Spencer and Melissa said...

Kira! He is sooooo adorable! I am honestly filled with such joy and happiness for you and your family!! You are so lucky and blessed and your baby is so beautiful! I am glad everything is going well for you! You are such an inspiration! I love you lots! M

Natalie said...

Kira! I had NO idea. This is amazing news (even though I'm slow). Congratulations. You are a beautiful family and it warms my heart to see you growing. Take care!

Love, Natalie