Friday, October 4, 2013

Another miracle has happened

I cannot believe I am writing this post. I have anticipated this day for the last three months and yet I sit here in my car waiting for rehearsal and it is still hard to believe that it is true. 

After 10.5 years of marriage I am pregnant. When I took the pregnancy test I was caught completely off guard!!! I couldn't believe my eyes, but there it was... 2 very dark blue lines!!! 

I was nervous for many different reasons. First I don't get pregnant, so with all of my infertility issues over the years it could just as well have been a tumor or a blighted ovum, so we wanted to wait until we could get an ultrasound and find out what we would be announcing. Second I was worried about miscarriage. Having only been pregnant once before and having such a horrific miscarriage made me really scared this time around. 

I had to wait a long time to get an ultrasound and the month was really hard on me. I've been very sick and very tired. When the day of my ultrasound came I was a bundle of nerves. I really was hoping for the best but trying to prepare my mind for the worst. I didn't know what we would find during the exam. 

I was soooo grateful to have my amazing husband by my side to hold my hand. I get so much strength from him and I am so grateful to have a partner who loves me through all my crazy. 

The technician started the exam and there on the screen was a baby!!! A real baby with a heartbeat!!! The thing that completely caught me off guard was that I could see it moving!!! Because this is my first time around doing this I didn't know that you could watch the baby kick and stretch. It was one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen in my life.

As anyone who knows me could have guessed I was a puddle of tears on that table and the rest of the day. I cannot believe that I have been given this gift. 

I can't believe that God loves me enough to bless my life with the adoptions of my next to perfect boys and now I get to know and experience pregnancy and delivery! Wow!!! 

I think the thing that excites and scares me the most is how close in age this sweet babe will be to my angel Cameron. I have always been a little sad that Cameron wouldn't have a sibling as close to him in age as Evan and Landon are to each other. The older boys have such a good relationship because they're so close in age, and now Cameron will have that too. It is a little terrifying how close they'll be (18months) but I know it'll be
a gift. And really who am I to question God's timing? With a 3% chance of getting pregnant this is no accident. I know this is Heavenly Fathers plan for our family and I am extremely excited to embark on this new adventure, whatever it may bring.

And so I am happy to announce that baby Palmer is due April 19,2014.

17 comments:

Stacey said...

I couldn't be happier or more excited for you, Kira. I hope you have a fantastic pregnancy and that this sweet little baby knows how lucky it is to
Have you nd Justin for parents, with those three crazy-wonderful brothers. All my love to you.

Lori said...

April 19 was my due date! Maybe our babies will be birthday buddies. Are the boys excited about having the fourth little Palmer?

Lynn said...

Oh Kira!!! What a Beautiful GIFT for sure. For all of you. The Lord truly is mindful and knows what he is doing. His timing is hard to understand or grasp sometimes, but how fun for all of you! Can't wait to read more soon. Take care. Rest. And enjoy. Congratulations! How do the boys feel about having a baby on the way?

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Now I am a puddle of tears!!!!! So exciting!!!!!

Erin said...

Hi Kira, this is Erin (Serene's sister). I read your blog and have never commented before but I just had to tell you how happy I am for you!!! I cried as I read your post, what an amazing blessing. The Lord's timing is so different from ours, I have learned that with the timing of my children for sure! Having two babies close together is awesome, my youngest are 16 1/2 months apart and I love it! Yay for more cute babies at your house!!! So so happy for you guys!!!

Bethany said...

I am SO happy for you all. Kira, you deserve this more than anyone I know. When I read your blog the thought came to me of just how AWESOME our Heavenly Father is and how HE truly has a plan for all of us and how important it is to trust Him and have faith in Him. Of course he had that sweet, special spirit for you...but He had to hold onto it for a little while longer because there were three other very special spirits that needed you first. He must think VERY highly of you to entrust you with such a very special Earthly plan. Congratulations!!!

LOCKHARTS said...

this is fantastic, tears of joy for you! I kinda a hope it's a boy...haha, but what a wonderful blessing if it was a little girl! congrats!

Unknown said...

Kira we are beyond thrilled for you and Justin!!! Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Kira and Justin, what Wonderful News! Congratulations! You are both such Amazing parents to Evan, Landon and Cameron and now this sweet little spirit will be blessed to have you as parents a well. You both are Amazing people. I have watched you and your family grow over these past years and I have really admired your strength and the wonderful example you set as loving and dedicated parents. Our Heavenly Father has definitely reserved this little spirit for your family! What a blessing for your entire family! Prayers will be said for you Kira. May you have a healthy pregnancy without complications and bask in this beautiful miracle of life.

Lisa said...

Well I've been in tears a lot over the past month or so. It's also killed me not to tell anyone and I'm so grateful I've been able to walk this path with you. I'm also grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who has answered my daily prayers (with a time frame) of the last two years. Prayers are answered and miracles happen. This is our miracle!!!

Fred ... said...

I shouldn't have read this at work. Someone walked into my office and I have tears running down my face. I already knew you were expecting but just reading this brought all the emotions back to the surface. I am more than thrilled and overjoyed for you and Justin.

Anonymous said...

you gave me the chills! so excellent. congrats darling!!!! love, tess

Peter and Mandy said...

Wow so cool!!! So happy for you! Can't believe you kept it a secret...Aahhh so excited here!

The Nilsen's Journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nilsen's Journey said...

Oh Kira (and Justin) I am sitting here reading & bawling! I remember that day as neighbors, & am just so so happy that incredible joy has been given you in this miracle!! You guys have these amazing hearts & I am just so happy for you guys!! Praying for a healthy rest of your pregnancy & just for the entire journey to be blessed! HUGE hugs!! ~Wend.

Lindsay said...

So excited for you guys!! Another sweet babe for your family. You will do amazing!!

Anonymous said...

i can't really believe that i am with my Ex-Husband back after when he broke up with me with 4 kids i thank Dr Atakpo of (dratakpospelltemple@gmail.com) for helping me getting back my man back, My Name is Mrs Rhona Cole i am from England and my man name is Mr Alan Cole, my happiness turn to bitterness,my joy turn to sorrow,my love turn to hate when my husband broke up with me last week,i was so frustrated and i could not know what next to do again, i was so unthinkable and i could not concentrate any more, i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him broke up with me so that he can be able to get marry to the other lady and this lady i think cast a spell on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helped to get back my man until i went to Westmoreland to see a friend and who was having he same problem with me but she latter got her Husband back and i asked her how she was able to get her husband back and she told me that their was a powerful spell caster in Africa name DR ATAKPO that he help with love spell in getting back lost lover's back and i decided to contacted the same Dr Atakpo and he told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and the Dr told me that i will get the result after 24hours, and he told me that my husband was going to call me by 9pm in my time and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much Oh My God i was so happy, and today i am happily with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one good family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr Atakpo of dratakpospelltemple@gmail.com, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that good spell casters still exist and Dr Atakpo is one of the good spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or you have your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore contact the powerful spell caster Dr Atakpo on his email: dratakpospelltemple@gmail.com and he will answer you, i am a living testimony and i will continue to testify of his goodness in my family,he turn my family to paradise and today we are all happy together Dr Atakpo i say thank you in one million times thanks Dr.