Saturday, November 29, 2008
My students had a little reunion party for me! Not everyone showed up, but I was soooo excited to see the ones that did come! I have thought about my kids everyday since I left, so it was amazing to be able to see them again. What amazes me is how much they have become more like little adults in just the 5 months that I have been gone. Anjanie is the one who organized the get together and her and Nalini (her mother) were the perfect hosts!!! Thank you Anjanie for doing such a great job, and allowing me the opportunity to see everyone again. :-) (you can stalk my blog anytime!)
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Following a heavenly brunch I loaded a VERY tired baby boy into the Lowry van and we drove to Orlando to have a Thanksgiving celebration with our adopted family! The Lowry's are our other family. They took care of us when we lived here, and treated us as their own children! We LOVE them as our own family and are thankful for everyone of them!
The weather was finally warm and we went outside with the kids. Then we went inside and at some of the best food ever! I am very proud of myself because I am stuffed, but I never did get sick! Yeah ... I finally learned to show some sense of control on Thanksgiving!
Gladys had her 4th baby the day I arrived in Florida, which makes him one week old now. Justin and I think it is funny because for every baby Gladys has (minus her first) we have been there when she has them, not pre-planned either! Blaine Michael Waters is beautiful and I am grateful for the chance to get to hold him. Newborn time is wonderful!The kids had a blast jumping on the bed. We decided to take pictures of them all, and it was seriously the CUTEST thing having all of them yell "cheese" at the top of their lungs! I am so grateful that I am a mom!
This is the Lowry family! Our pseudo family!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Justin pointed out that the posts of Evan since we got here have mostly had pictures of him getting poked and prodded and struggling with different bodily functions. He wanted a happy picture of him, and I was able to get those today! Irene is preggo and needed some new bra's. What boy isn't happy playing with bras? (Did I say that?)
After we bought some underwear we headed to see Highschool Musical 3 with the Witt's. It was so much fun! Really it was so cute, and I had a very good time. (Zach Effron is sooo hot!) Evan really enjoyed the movie too, and was quiet and alert almost the whole time. I was so proud of him .... he did good!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
There are so many words that can describe Justin. He is the best man I know, and everyday I thank God that I am blessed enough to be married to him. (Ok, not everyday, but most of them:-) There are so many attributes that I admire in this man, and I wish to express just a few of them.
Justin is the most selfless man I know. He has taught me a lot in this catagory, and I just hope that I will someday come close to being as generous as he is. Justin is a natural Father! He LOVES being a dad, and we have fun as a family. He is Evan's favorite person in the whole world and I know that Justin will be able to teach his son so many things. He is going to be a wonderful example to our child. Justin loves his family!!!! Sometimes the whole lot of them act like idiots, but it is a beautiful thing for a family to be as close as the Palmer's are. The respect that he has for each one of his siblings, and parents is something to be admired! Justin is smart, and he is resilient. I love his ability to find the positive in any situation, and I love his constant striving to have fun! We have fun in our family!!!!!!
So to my husband, my friend, and my lover ... Happy Birthday!!!!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
When Evan is teething it takes him a really long time to get the teeth to come through. For months now he has had some very large bumps in his mouth where his molars should be. The last week and a half we could tell that one of his molars was getting really close. We are proud to announce that Evan got his first molar yesterday (well, at least the first part of the molar, the rest still has to move up). Then this morning I was just feeling around his mouth and there was an upper tooth that wasn't there a week ago! 2 teeth in 1 day ... go Evan!
p.s. that is 10 teeth now!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
My friend Kathy and I were going to the Millerville Christmas Market and I needed to get everything put together so we could leave when she got to my house. She pulls up and I am freezing cold in the middle of the driveway surrounded by parts that somehow make a full functioning car seat.
The two of us just about lost our fingers due to cold, but about 45 mins later we finally figured it out ... aka: Kathy is smarter than me, and I did what she told me to do when she eventually deciphered the instructions that I swear were written in Greek! What makes this really fun is that her son Tommy got a hold of the camera and probably snapped a hundred pictures of us trying to figure it out, and 2 pictures of the birds flying by (ok it took a while, we get it:-).
So the next time someone asks you "How many women does it take to put together a baby car seat?" You can answer them by saying ... "Two grown women with college degrees, that only thought it was funny after the fact!" :-)
We had TONS of fun at the Market together. Thank you Kathy ... I love you!!!!!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes, especially the blue cheese shrimp in St Augustine
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No, but I think that i got a little high at a Green Day concert
3. Do you own a gun? No, but I want a 22 and a shotgun so i can play at my mom's house
4. Wax or Shave your body parts? I think that this is a question for girls!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Nope, I like being naked.
6. Real or Fake nails? See answer for question 4.
7. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Strawberry milk.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes. (This is a lame question for boys> It should be, Can you do the Gallon Challenge) Yes - I throw up all over the place
10. What is your favorite piece of jewelry? I didn't realize how lame this question would be for a boy so (On a scale from one to ten how stinky is your gas? 10)
11. Favorite hobby? Skiiing - both waterskiing and downhill skiing
12. Do you have A.D.D? No, but I can't just sit around doing nothing for too long. It kills me
13. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? I don't like to study
14. Middle name? Asael (ace el )(not a..hole)
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? Wow, my middle name sound like a swear word. I didn't realize that there are so many questions in this thing. I miss Florida
16.Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, milk and coke zero.
17. Current worry right now? I hope I pass my test
18. Current hate right now? Fun suckers and selfish people
19. Favorite place to be? With friends, anywhere
20. How did you bring in the New Year? On an airplane going to the gators game.
21. Like to go? Anywhere where I can have fun and laugh a lot
22. Name three people who will complete this? Joe, and that's it
23. Do you own slippers? No. It's not cold enough. And I am not gay enough
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Blue
25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets? What are satin sheets.
26. Can you whistle? Yes, when i suck in and when I blow out
27. Favorite color? Blue.
28. Would you be a pirate? This seems like a good question for a boy but it isn't. There is not a boy in the world that would not love to be a pirate. Or a ninja for that matter.
29. What songs to you sing in the shower? I don't sing. I just think
30. Favorite girls name? Micaela (I like the Spanish mika-a-la)
31. Favorite Boys name? Peter
32. whats in your pocket right now? phone
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Talking to my friend Matt and telling him about when I pooed my pants in the summer
34. Worst injury you've ever had? I chopped off Walmir's fingertip.
35. Do you love where you live? Yes, it's home
36. How many TV's do you have in your house? One.
37. Who is your loudest friend? Patrick.
38. How many pets do you have? Two, and I wish that I had none
39. Does someone have a crush on you? Nope
40. What is your favorite book? Les miserables
41. What is your favorite lollie? Do I have to answer this?
42. Favorite sports team? Gators and BYU
43. What were you doing 12am last night? Watching Saterday Night Live (on Monday)
44. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? What woke Evan up
45. Worst habit? Fast food
46. Do you play an instrument? Kazoo
47. How long does it take you to get to work? 35 minutes
48. Plans for the weekend? Working for my mom at the Christmas Farmers market
49.If you could eat anything in the world right this second? Ribs, mmmmmmmm
50. Do you like the person who sent this to you? yes
Monday, November 3, 2008
The restaurant catered the reception and since Justin and I were already attending, we were also the servers for it. It was a lovely reception, and went on forever. I ended up leaving early to relieve my girl friend, Kathy, who was watching Evan. The entire family (cousins, grandparents, Aunts and Uncles) all got sick this week, and Evan was one of the unlucky's to catch it. He wasn't doing too badly when I dropped him off, but I guess he got a lot worse while Kathy was watching him. Thank you Kathy for your service ... and sorry!!!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
This picture is just cute, so I had to include it. Go Gators!!!! (Beat Georgia!)
We then went trick-or-treating in the mall, Justin (I mean Evan) had a great time!
After the mall we headed to Jared and Amanda's to trick-or-treat with the rest of the cousins.