Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I love the health profession!

Finally we have a Doctor!!!!!  After 4 months of looking for a doctor accepting new patients we finally found a family doctor, and the practice is close to our house!  Up here you do not get to decide who your doctor is.  There are 300,000 families in Calgary that do not have family doctors, so when you find one that it accepting patients, you don't even care.  Here is the best part.  We had our initial consultation with the doctor and he is AMAZING!!!!  I was so impressed!  The nurse told us that he had very little time to meet with us, but he sat with us for such a long time, played with Evan (even made a balloon man out of a glove and drew a face on it), and answered all of our questions above and beyond what any other doctor has done so far.  He made us feel like we were his only patients, or at least the most important.  I am so impressed .... and SOOO HAPPY!!!!!  

The other great news is that I do not have to go back to the chiropractor.  I have had sciattica since June.  I finally went to the chiropractor when I couldn't move anymore.  I am glad to say that I am healed!!!!!!  I am starting to work out again, and will stretch ALOT more than I was.  I had to share all of our great news! 

6 comments:

Michelle Knight said...

That is so great! There's nothing like having a great doctor you can trust. And I'm glad you feel better! Back pain is the worst! :)

Fred ... said...

Congratulations on both your doctor and on your back.

motherofangels said...

Had to post...even though I see you every day! YEAH FOR KIRA! YEAH FOR EVAN! YEAH FOR JUSTIN AND GOOD DOCTORS!!!! So glad you bum doesn't hurt anymore!

Lynn said...

AWESOME!

Lisa said...

That's great! I think it's sad it took so long for you to get a doctor. It wasn't like that when we lived there. I'm glad he sounds good and is close to home.

Anonymous said...

We have the same problem on the Island. To many people and not enough Doctors.