Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh Crap!!!! (literally)

So this blog was going to be all upbeat and happy because (drumroll please) .... I'm in Florida!  Before I speak of my travels, and my first night back I HAVE to tell you what happened as we pulled into Gainesville.  
Joe picked me up in Orlando and the drive was awesome for the two of us to catch up and talk.  Right about when we hit Paynes Prairie we smelled a seriously foul smell.  After Joe promised it was not coming from him I knew that it had to be Evan.  We were almost home, so I just told him he would have to wait.  
We arrive at their house and I go to take Evan out of the car.  His entire bottom half is wet, and I know this isn't a good sign, but hey, every baby leaks every-so-often.  I pull him completely out and it is clear that he isn't damp, but VERY wet.  Still not good, but not bad either.  I set Evan down on the change table and pull off his sock.  This is when I have a glimpse of what I am in for.  (Remember that Evan is wearing pants)  There is poop on his heel!!!!!!  
Lacy and I rush him to the bath tub and try to undress him without puking.  This picture doesn't even show half of the damage (think about the more clear liquid poop that doesn't show up in pictures, and the back side of him).  To even get the diaper off of Evan I had to stick my hand right in a huge pool of poop.  I can handle alot of gross stuff, but handling poop with my bare hands is even too much for me.  
We finally get Evan, and the tub rinsed off and are about to wash him with soap, when he diarriahs in the tub!!!!  He does this about 5 times before we have enough time to get him clean.  I get a diaper on him, and he goes diarriah in his diaper twice.  
Long story short .... Justin gave Evan whatever bug he had, because that is what he was doing the last two days!!!!!!!!  
Anyway, I am ecstatic to be in Florida!!!!!!!  I almost feel bad saying it, but my heart is still here.  I still feel like this is home.  I know I need to change that if I am going to be happy in Calgary, but I think it might take a while.  Maybe I can learn how to balance the two places in my heart and mind.  The feeling I got stepping off of the plane and seeing all of the familiar sights around me and on the drive home was one of comfort and peace!  My girlfriends came over to Lacy's (I'm staying with the Lowry's right now :-) and I had soooooo much fun!!!!  
I can't wait to see everyone and just enjoy myself before I go back to my new home!  I will keep y'all updated while I am here.  

p.s.  Don't worry Justin and Kathy (I do miss you!!!)

15 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

Oh nasty gross, eck, bleck, yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck, ralph tastic...Peter helped with a few of those. That is just disgusting! Funny thing though, that is one of Peter's biggest fears, that and having the kid pee on him. Oh man, I would've grabbed some rubber gloves...wait a sec the kid isn't mine...I would've grabbed you and then run out of the room in hopes that my dinner would stay down. Eeewwww!

Ben Leavitt said...

the kid is going to fit in just fine!!!

Lynn said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. : S

Poor EVAN! I bet his little tummy does NOT feel well at all.

Glad to hear that you are having a good time, despite it all. : D

Kira said...

I am really sad that I was not there for that one..........NOT. I miss you guys. I am glad that you are having fun.

Michelle Knight said...

I thought Gainesville seemed a little brighter this morning! :) Welcome back!

Sorry about Evan releasing a little "cabin pressure". At least you can laugh about it now!

becky said...

Aren't those the worst? Whenever that happens to me, I think to myself, "Where do I start?" I hope little Evan is feeling better.

The Meyers said...

Gross! Glad you are having fun back in Florida

sallysue said...

eww.

The worst I've had so far was poopy dog bums, and apricot throw up (also from a dog.)

He's going to love that picture later in life. :)

Say HI to Florida for me, even if it is the wrong part!

Lisa said...

That picture is disgusting and it brought back memories. Whenever one of you kids had a major blowout like that I would remind myself how grateful I was for bathtubs, automatic washing machines, plenty of soap & water. Can you imagine if you had to wash that by hand?!! Enjoy your trip! I know you will. Whose Kathy?

JoyRGardner@gmail.com said...

Oh this is totally the worst...to travel with a sick baby who poops every where. You are super mom, Kira. And I am so glad that you are back in Gainesville! I completley understand the feeling of needing something familiar. Been there, doing that right now. Enjoy your time with friends. miss you, Joy

motherofangels said...

Kira, I need a number to reach you at!

Fred ... said...

Thank goodness for bathtubs. Enjoy Florida and your friends.

merrilykaroly said...

Eeeewwwww I feel for you!!!!

Amanda Palmer said...

That is sooooo disgusting,but being in Florida sounds like it makes it bearable!! Glad you are enjoying visit...I know what you mean about not feeling like Calgary is your home, I feel the same way and it has been 3 1/2 years..someday:)
Have fun and I hope Evan's tummy gets better soon!!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

mom told me about this and how it is one of the worst poops she has ever seen haha....