Saturday, November 24, 2012

my mom ... and edward (part 1)

My mom came out to see me sing in the temple dedication.  It was a once in a life time for me and since it isn't recorded I was so excited that she was able to swing time off work to come.  Once it was looking like we were probably going to have another baby while she was here I asked if she would stay to help me.  It was amazing to have her here and she actually ended up extending for an extra week, which was literally a godsend since I had a TON of appointments for Cameron in that week.  She gave me the extra set of hands I needed so I could do those weeks with very little stress.  She gave me the time to hold my baby.  

I adore my mom!  Our relationship hasn't always been perfect but I love where we are!  She is an incredible example of faith and loyalty in my life.  I really think I learned how to be my children's greatest advocate from the example of my mother.  We love her so much!  In fact ... Landon told me today at dinner that his girlfriend was Gwamma Weavitt!  I think he is a pretty lucky boy :-)  Thank you Mom!





While my mom was here we had a girls overnight (no kids aloud, although Cameron did attend) and watched all 4 Twilight movies back to back, with a hot tub intermission between New Moon and Eclipse.  We went to bed at 5AM and ate WAAAY too many calories but it was AWESOME!!! It was just what all of us Mama's needed!


6 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

How awesome that your mom could be there for you.

Lisa said...

It was fun and I will be Landon's girlfriend anytime :)

Fred ... said...

All I can see is that I was glad to get my girlfriend back. Landon, you can go and get your own girlfriend.

Kira said...

Haha dad!!!

Rachel Zimm said...

stumbled upon your sweet blog. congratulations on your new adorable baby!
floralandfudge

Amy said...

That sounds like the most amazing girls night ever!! Glad you got some good time with your mom :)