Wednesday, April 18, 2012

strange strange weather

You hear it most places you go ....
If you don't like the weather, wait.

Yes yes I know it isn't true for San Diego or Florida, you don't have to say it in the comments.  This spring has been quite fun in Calgary!  It has been warming up for about a month now.  Seriously even I am out of parka's at this point, but then we will get this weird, out of nowhere, crazy snow!  Ive only been here for 4 winters and there haven't been any spring storms like these ones.

This first one hit over night.  We went to bed and the weather was pretty beautiful and we woke up to about a foot of snow.  I have always heard of the perfect snowman snow but this is the first time I experienced it.  It was wet, sticky, and heavy snow!  Sheena, Evan and I built this snowman while Landon and Prycen ran around like crazy people.  I was quite proud of this guy and thank heavens I took a picture because by 4:00 that evening.....

 he looked like this.  And by 4:20 ...
 this.


My Grandma came for Easter and stayed awhile so we took her (and my cousins who were also visiting from out of town) to the Tyrell Dinosaur museum.  We love that place!  When we left our house it was chilly.  When we were driving home we literally hit the craziest, kind of awesome storm EVER!!!!  The snow flakes were GINORMOUS!!!!!!  They ranged in size from 2-5 inches.  While driving Landon said ... "Mom there are snowflakes attacking our car!!!"  Evan said, "There are snowballs falling from the sky!"

It was so awesome!!!
and it was gone by the morning.

the boys LOVED it!





3 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

That is like Utah! Just wait... it is Bipolar weather as I like to call it :) Fun pictures!

Peter and Mandy said...

Yikes that is strange.

Tessa @ Lighting the World on Fire said...

Oh I love the one of you and the boys catching snow flakes on your tongues!