Saturday, February 9, 2013

Oh Landon

I have a hard time describing this amazing child in words.  He doesn't have the wit that Evan has that I just write verbatim, but he is equally funny.  It is mostly his reactions to things, the way he crinkles his eyes into half moons when he is smiling, or the way throws his head back when he is laughing.  He is still so full of energy, but has learned how to channel it into non-destructive activities (most of the time).    Landon is my little helper.  He wants to help me all the time, whether its cleaning, doing the laundry, Evan's medical needs or Cameron's needs.  He was meant to have brothers.  He is the best brother I have ever seen.  Landon, at 3, is completely aware of his brothers needs and helps without me asking him to do so because he really wants to help them.  It will be interesting because since Cameron came to us, Landon has been consistent in saying that he wants to be a doctor when he grows up.  If he keeps his natural ability to love and want to help, I think he would be amazing in that profession.  Landon is sooooo proud of his brothers and is always hugging and kissing them.  He wants everyone to know that they are his brothers and so he is ALWAYS the first one to make the introductions where ever our family goes.  Landon has been fully potty trained since mid-October and even makes it through the night.  He can swim unassisted now, but  he knows to only do that when there is an adult around.  He has also become such an amazing skater and really enjoys being out of the ice behind our house.  Landon is a sunbeam now in church and since the second week in has loved it!!!  To say he wasn't thrilled about going the first week to a "big boy" class in church would be an understatement.  He and I are kindred spirits in the need for touch department and I don't know that Landon knows how to do a soft hug (unless it is given to a baby, a kitten, or a puppy).  I could hug and cuddle this beautiful, colorful, child all day!    

2 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

What a great little big brother he is. How was the potty training? Got any tips? We might be venturing into that department this summer/fall while I have some time off from work.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

This post almost made me cry! He was meant to be their brother :) Love that kid.