Sunday, May 26, 2013

Evan is sick

Evan is sick.

Poor kid got it from the baby.   I always feel nervous every time that Evan gets sick.  He struggles to breathe and I am on constant high alert because he can turn south so quickly.  It is a funny thing though because some of his breathing medications make him a little loopy.  One of the meds makes his heart race just a tad and he starts spouting some of the funniest things through his wheezing.  Even now he just woke up in the middle of a deep sleep yelling and by the time I got up the stairs he was repeating the story line from the movie we just watched and telling me how interesting it was.  Dead sleep to screaming to interesting story line and back to sleeping.  Cracks me up.

Anyway I pray that he gets better soon and doesn't take a turn for the worse, because that can happen so easily.

On a positive note I feel like I am surrounded by angels!!  Justin left for a dental conference with his Dad while Evan was getting worse.  I was starting to plan out in my head my plan of attack for getting the kids everything they need while I am a single parent when Landon ended up on his first ever sleep over (with his best friend) so that I can focus on sicko and the baby at home.  I didn't ask my friend to do this, she just offered and it feels heaven sent for today.

If that wasn't enough when I put Evan to bed his humidifier wouldn't work.  This is a VERY critical thing when Evan is sick.  He doesn't have the muscle to be able to effectively cough up the phlegm that is hanging out in his lungs (hence the breathing problems).  We do a lot of manual coughing, breathing medication, upright sleeping etc.  but the thing that helps the most through the night is the humidifier to break up some of that phlegm making it a little bit easier on him (and me) while he sleeps.  Currently I have a friend at Walmart at almost 11:00 pm buying me a new humidifier so my child can heal.

How lucky am I that I have such great friends.  I totally won the jackpot!







4 comments:

thenaptimebaker said...

Yall are in our prayers!

Peter and Mandy said...

You do have awesome friends. Hope Evan gets better soon.

Fred ... said...

I'm glad you have all of those angels. You deserve it. That last picture of Cameron in the jumper is crazy. He looks like a little boy. He also looks very happy.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Bless his heart! I miss all three of your boys sooooo bad! Can't wait to see them soon. Side note, loving Cameron's shoes :)