Saturday, November 9, 2013

halloween 2013

Man alive am I behind on keeping up this poor little blog of mine.  Our little family had a rough go there for a while, but I will save that for another post.  

Halloween came around and was the much needed mindless relief that we all needed.  Halloween is by far one of my favorite holidays and I usually have everything planned out months in advance.  This year all my plans fell through.  My first and second choices for costumes didn't happen for one reason or another.  Ultimately I decided on Dorothy and Cameron was my lion.  I wanted Justin to be scarecrow (and he was for one night) but I think he had his heart set on being the hairy outlaw so that is what he ended up being on the big day.  For four months straight Evan wanted to be a ninja and as I'm putting on his ninja pants he changes his mind and wants to be a knight.  I would be lying if I didn't admit that I, being the Halloween snob that I am, had a hard time with the last minute switch.  Thankfully my good outlaw of a husband reminded me that the point of Halloween is for the kids to have fun and if Evan wanted to be half ninja, half knight then that was just fine.  Landon changed his mind everyday leading up to Halloween, but in the end was pretty set on Spiderman.    

We had pizza with the cousins and then the baby and I ran home to hand out candy while Daddy took the boys out and about.  I think what I love most about Halloween, other than the fact that I can dress up, is the sense of community.  People open their homes and give out sugar joy to all the children.  How fun and wonderful is that.  I feel that as a society we are fairly closed to others.  We can so easily live a life within our bubble and halloween is a day that our doors are literally open to each other. 

this is Evan's "sexy" face!



Landon helped me make lunch ... Mummies dipped in blood, guts and throw up







HAPPY HALLOWEEN





1 comment:

Peter and Mandy said...

Oh my your little lion is so adorable! Cute costumes for the whole family.