Thursday, January 30, 2014

family time

Our Christmas vacation was a beautiful whirlwind full of emotions!  Since, as always I am so late getting this out, I am going to touch on the highlights of the vacation.

I love Christmas!  I am one of those die hard, sappy, emotional about everything Christmas people.  I love the decorations, I love the food, I love the sugar, I love the presents, but by far the thing that I love the most is the family-time that Christmas brings.  The kids are on school break.  My handsome hubby is on vacation from work.  Extended family sacrifices and flies to one place just to be together.  I love it!!!  I would give up the decorations, food, and everything else just to have those moments with my family.

I adore watching my kids interact with their aunties, uncles, and grandparents.  They relish in the time that they get to spend with these special people in their lives.  They talk about them when we are away from them.  

By far the best part about my break this year was spending time with my sisters.  They each chose to stay in the house, which meant that I got to spend time with them and their fabulous husbands.  I didn't have the opportunity growing up to spend a whole lot of time with them.  I am so much older than both of them that by the time I left for college they were still pretty young.  It was (and is always) so fun to stay up late together, cuddle on the couch, sunbathe in the yard or at the beach, do each others nails... I just love them, and I feel like every time I get to see them we just get closer.

Now since I usually have 1-2 kids on my hips I don't get to take a whole lot of great pictures.  Thankfully Alycia DOES take lots of pictures and I swiped some of hers!  Thanks Alycia!!!




























 

No comments: