Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Down Syndrome awareness day

It is Down Syndrome awareness day and I feel it only appropriate to pay a little tribute to a special man in my life.  Cameron's birth and journey to our family was a very special one filled with miracles.  I call him my perfect child because so far, that is exactly what he has been.  Even with all of his medical issues (and there were a lot!) Cameron was hands down my easiest baby.  Cameron has a fighting spirit.  He blew us all away with his strength through his heart surgery and other tests along the way and since.

Since getting a little older his personality has started to develop.  He knows what he wants and doesn't want but does not yet have the language to express it so we work on that daily.  He has worked very hard on his mobility.  He can't traditional crawl but he army crawls like a champion, sits, and pulls up to his knees beautifully.  His team of early intervention workers is amazing and really care about him and his ability to succeed.

Cameron exudes love!  He is a cuddle ball and happy all the time.  I love watching him play with his brothers and he thinks it is pretty darn awesome when they spend time with him.  His face always lights up even more when he is around them, but he is %100 a Mama's boy.  I am his favorite person on the planet!  This makes me so happy because the other two would prefer Dad to me.  I get it too.  Justin is fun fun fun all the time, he isn't the main disciplinarian because he is at work during the day and he lets them play video games with him on Saturday mornings.  Who wouldn't prefer hanging
out with someone that fun? Don't get me wrong they will always choose me when they are sick or hurt, but as far as every day stuff they want their Dad, but not my Cameron boy.  He doesn't even care what we are doing he just wants to be with me and I LOVE IT!

This beautiful child, who happens to have Down Syndrome has changed our life for good and not one of us could imagine life without him.      


Happy Down Syndrome awareness day!!!

No comments: