Tuesday, June 3, 2008

San Diego Day 5

Our Family at the temple
Sydney and Evan (he kind of looks like an ape in his suit, so cute!!!)
All the girls
My angel
The Bride and Groom (Sharley and Ben)
Our handy work

Day 5-  The day of the main event.  My brother Benjamin Leavitt married Sharly Cotter today!!!! The weather could not have cooperated better.  It was a gorgeous day and they were so happy.  It was neat to see my brother become a husband.  Sharley's dress was gorgeous!  
The reception was so beautiful as well.  They held it in the Rancho Bernardo Courtyard.  We took ALOT of really awesome pictures.  The best part of the reception was that I knew sooo many people.  Sharley is from our San Diego stake and it was cool to see all the people who came.  I didn't get very much food because I was flitting around visiting so much.  It was very nice.  
The Cotter family tried their very hardest to keep us from decorating the get away car, but what they don't realize is that it is a Leavitt tradition that cannot be stopped!  We had some awesome stuff planned (all harmless) that we had to improvise.  To make a long story short, they hid the truck, and since we had to do something to a car we hit one of their family cars.  They initial plan was to put dry ice inside their car (without keys we settled for on top of the car).  We put a balloon on their tail pipe (sounds like an explosion when it pops).  Last but not least they hoisted the car onto a cinder block (which they did at my wedding ... it was AWESOME!)  Then on the way home we came up with a brilliant idea!  We knew the hotel they were staying at, and we knew the car that they drove there.  The Leavitt family immediately made the plans to go and get the car at the hotel.  We did, and it was so great ... the perfect way to end the evening.  The only negative of that night is that Justin, my brother Alex, and my cousin Peter kept trying to kill us off with their deadly gas.  I don't think any of us has any nose hairs left over after that night, but it is a small price to pay for tradition. :-) 
Congratulations Sharley and Ben!!!!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Gorgeous Wedding! Evan looked so cute in his little brown suit.

Sarah said...

Hot dresses! Holy cow!

Lisa said...

I know I'm bias but I think our family looks great and I'm glad we coordinated the dresses and colours - it makes the pictures!!! We can thank Tiffanie for finding us the deal on the dresses!!!