Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day

Anyone who wants to call us, call Justin's cell phone. Mine died and I can't find my charger ... again.

Our stuff is still not here. I know everyone tells you to plan on having delays with major companies, but it does not get any less frustrated. Our moving truck was supposed to take 5 buisness days, and we knew that it probably take a day or two longer than that (that would have been yesterday). We call yesterday and they said that they left it parked in Butte, Montana because they did not have a copy of our passport. Now, I promise you that if they had told us to provide a copy ahead of time, we would have provided it. If they had called to tell us they needed it we would have faxed it immediately. Nevertheless, today is Canada Day so nothing will be processed today, and who knows when our stuff will arrive. I don't want to think about it right now.
We bought a beautiful couch and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday (guaranteed) ... without going into the whole saga, we still don't have a couch.
I woke up Saturday morning with a bad rash all over my body. During the day it got really bad, I look like I have leprosy and it was unbelievably itchy!!!! It kept getting worse and so I went to the doctor. He hardly looked at me, and basically told me to suck it up.

Alright that is all for the things that are making my life really hard right now. Now for the good stuff.
I LOVE Auburn Bay! Our house is perfect, and the amenities of the community are better than I could have ever imagined. I have been to the lake 2 times already and can't wait to go again today to celebrate Canada Day.
The weather has been kind. The whole week the weather has been hot, and beautiful. I know this probably won't last long, but I am enjoying it while it's here.
Justin has loved working at his mom's restaurant. He actually makes really good money in tips and it is nice to have a little extra, as we are trying to furnish an entire house.
We spent the weekend out at the ranch, VERY relaxing!

I hope ya'll are doing well, and we miss all of our Florida family. I can't wait until our computer arrives and then we can start with adding pictures to our posts again.
Happy Canada Day!!!

10 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

Well Happy Canada Day! I hope the truck delivers your stuff soon. We went to a park yesterday and watched the ducks swim in the lake. There were baby ducks too, it was quite peaceful.

Lacy said...

Thanks for the update Kira. I was seriously wondering how everything was going. Joe told me about the truck! What a pain. Your neighborhood is so wonderful! Have you met any other moms around?

Lisa said...

Well, I was just about to call you on your phone but now I know there is no point. I wanted to know if things had arrived yet and how you were settling in. You answered that in your blog. Your rash may be stress induced. I can't believe the doctor didn't prescribe some kind of anti itch cream. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I keep hearing horror stories of how the Canadian medical system has gone down the tubes from Grandpa Shaw, Grandma Shaw, Aunt Pat & Uncle Gary & friends. People have to wait months and years for some serious treatments. Uncle Gary just finally sucked it up and spent the money to get some very needed surgery done in the States because he'd already been waiting for at least 2 years!!! He had two hip replacements and was in major pain all that time waiting.

Anyhow, on a lighter note - Happy Canada Day!! Enjoy the festivities and we'll pray that your stuff gets there soon! Love you! Mum xxoo

Jlowryjr said...

¡Felíz día de Canadá!

Linz said...

Hey Kira...hang in there! I have some horrific moving stories I can share from past family moves...:) Truck + overpass = bad news. Miss you lots already!

Unknown said...

Ah! Sorry to hear about the stress! I used to get rashes all the time for excema and the BEST thing is Aveeno creams and oatmeal baths! Hope you feel better and the furniture find you!

Teresa said...

Justin would be a perfect waiter/ dentist/ Ben and Jerry's manager. He can do it all! Hope your things arrive soon and that the leprosy clears up...are you just allergic to Canada?! :)

Lisa said...

I like Teresa's comment. I think you are allergic to Canada!!! You need to move back to the States!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Fred ... said...

I want to hear the truck and overpass story by lharding. That sound like it could be good. I hope the leprosy clears up soon.

The Nielsen Family said...

So sorry about all the bad luck. I think it is even worse when you have a child. I sure hope your truck is there by now. I can't wait to see picyures of everything!!