Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Load of Fun all in two days!!!

Like the title says ... we definitely had fun the last two days. It'll be good to have a little break today. Tuesday, July 8, 2008, we had Evan's birthday party. It was a week early, but it was the only day that everyone from the family would be able to make it. It was a lot of fun. I admit that I am a little anal when it comes to what Evan eats. I am definately not against sugar, but why give him the sugar loaded foods when he doesn't know that he is missing it? Sue me, but I want to give my baby the healthiest food as long as possible, rather than force feed him food full of preservatives and unhealthy ingredients. When he knows the difference then I will ease up. Now having said that I also think that every first birthday baby deserve the experience of digging into their very own cake, and getting soo messy. Evan got VERY messy, but did not dig in. I wish I could jump in and see how my kids mind works. He devours dirt, leaves, and grass, but won't put cake into his mouth. Oh well, it was still funny, and some day we will have our normal computer up and running so that I can post a picture of it.

Yesterday, July 9, 2008, we got a baby sitter and headed to The Calgary Stampede with Justin's family. This was the second time we went to the fair grounds, and the first going to the Grand Stand show and the Chuck Wagon races. (Side note story: We must be southern! The first time we were at the fair grounds a lady from Oklahoma, who Justin was talking to, was shocked that he was Canadian. She said that he had a Texas accent. Awesome!) The Chuck Wagon races were exhilirating. The cowboys buy 2nd or 3rd string race horses who's career is done and they race them hooked up to the chuck wagon. It was great.

The Grand Stand Show was amazing!!! By far the best act was the really strong acrobat duet. An act just like it was on Oprah last year (yes Janae, I watch Oprah). The next was the comedic bagpiper. We have never seen anything like him before. He threw out guitar pics to the crowd and played Led Zepplin. It was so cool!!!

p.s. We ate enough crappy food that I am positive we decreased our life expectancy by 5 years. We even tried a fried Oreo (an experience someone should have only once!).

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wish we could have been at the party. I'm anxious to see the pictures when you get them posted. Please let me know when Evan's gift arrives. A big early "Happy Birthday" to Evan. We love you lots!!!!

Peter and Mandy said...

I can't believe he's nearly a year old. Wow time sure flies fast!

Teresa said...

Ummmmm, fried oreo. Have to love the Stampede! Who does the "whole Family" entail now that you are in Calgary?

Kira said...

The whole family means: All the Calgary dwelling Laycocks, Laura Allen and her family, Brian, Lori, and Lori's parents, Jamie, and her boyfriend, Mark, Lanny, Jared, Amanda, their boys, and Patrick and Lindsey Law. I think that covers everyone.