Monday, August 11, 2008

Children and Dogs

I have always had a theory that kids are just like dogs, minus the fact that we shouldn't leave small children home alone when we go to the store.  Here are just some of the ways that they relate to each other.

1) Neither can talk, but both sure do make a whole lot of noise if they are hungry 
2) Both have to be potty trained
3) Both require a lot of love and affection, but know how to return that love two fold
4) Dogs have kennels, kids have play pens and cribs  
5) There are times when both of them stink
6) Both need and love their outdoor time

and finally the inspiration for this post .......
7) Apparently doggie chew toys can double as baby chew toys!  (I found Evan chowing down on a doggie chew toy at my in-laws house.  He was LOVING it!!)   

6 comments:

Lisa said...

That was funny!

Heidi said...

Interesting...maybe I'll try that with Lily :-).

merrilykaroly said...

Um...I like babies better than dogs. And wet dogs smell a lot worse than wet babies! Hehe

The Boring Family said...

My dad related Morgan to a dog when she was about Evan's age. My mom said to him, "Do you realize you're comparing your granddaughter to your pet?" My dad's response: "Well, they do act the same!"

Peter and Mandy said...

When Joshua was a baby we all went to Abbie and Rafe's house. Joshua found a pet rat that he enjoyed slobbering all over. We have a video of him sitting on the floor with rat coming out of his mouth dancing to "Who let the Dog Out"....so apparently cat toys are good baby toys too.

Andersen Girls said...

I don't understand what everyone's problem is with letting children eat and play with dog toys. If it was going to hurt a baby to chew on and play with pets toys then I know that I would have a had a sick child with my first and Bruklynn would also have problems too. Dogs mouths are cleaner then humans.