Thursday, August 21, 2008

Family

One wonderful thing about living up here in the great white north is that there really is a lot of family close by. It has been wonderful to have family from both sides come through and stay with us, to have family reunions near our home, and to even be able to just hop over to another house and hang out with our loved ones. I am going to include just a few (really it is just a few) "family" pictures from the last month and a half that we have lived here. It has been very fun!

We arrived in Calgary 2 weeks after our nephew Carter was born. It has been a blessing to watch him grow from the very beginning. In addition to this, Evan adores his older cousins Michael and Logan.


This is a video of Brian's (Justin's dad) moves on the house boat. He is always entertaining.

My Grandma Shaw has been able to come and stay with us. How special for us to be able to be with her. I love that Evan is able to grow up so close to his Great Grandparents.
The "Arlen Leavitt" (my Grandpa) family reunion was held just 2 hours from Calgary. Evan and I were able to go (Daddy had to work :-( ) This is my Aunt Jackie, Aunt Dixie, Aunt Fara, and Uncle Greg standing in front of their family farm just outside of Cardston.
We went hiking in Writing on Stone Provincial Park. It was awesome.
What was so great about this reunion is that I was able to see cousins that I haven't seen in years!! This is my cousin Meaghan (from the same crop I am from ... 1982 baby!) More cousins on top of the world in Waterton! Barbie Jo, Melissa, Aunt Jackie, Stephanie, me, and Patterson is in the front.We have been able to be here for Carter's blessing, and Michael's birthday! My Auntie Lynn came through with her girls and spent a day with us. It was so wonderful to see her again. It had been a long time. (forgive the picture, it is 6 AM and y'all know how much I like being up early)
We were able to spend two days with Lanny (Justin's mom) for here birthday! She is an amazing Mother -in-law! We love going out to their ranch and just relaxing with them. For her birthday we went on a drive through the mountains and took pictures of mountain sheep, and picked wild berries. It was a perfect day!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun post! It would be so fun to live by so many relatives. I'm sure Jared's kids love having Evan around. Carter looks so cute. Not to make you jealous but we are very close to getting tickets to the FL vs. Tenn game. Go Vols!!! This time Devin doesn't have to cheer in secret. Hee hee. But I'll make sure to wear blue because I know how great -- it is -- to be a Flo-ri-da Gator!

Lynn said...

How fun! I think you were at Writing on Stone the same time my parents and Brother Dave and his family were there. I have yet to visit there. Sounds like a really great place.
Loved the pics! HOwever, for some reason when I click on the video, I only get the very last photo in your post enlarged. Is it something I am doing?
My e-mail is on my profile. I would love to get your e-mail, so that I may send you an invite to our blog.

Jlowryjr said...

Picking wild berries? Must have been Justin's day to choose the activity.

Linz said...

Love the last picture of you, Justin, and Evan! So cute! That is great that you get to be so close to family. I just got back from my twin sister's wedding and a week of family! So much fun.:) Catcha lata.

Da Costa said...

Evan is sooooo big and getting more and more handsome! The last one of you three is adorable! Great pics! Oh, I really missed you today because I really want to see House Bunny and you are probably one of the only ones who would go see it with me and like it as much as I would! Miss you both a TON!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures.