WE BOUGHT A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
We knew, when Evan was first diagnosed, that weren't going to be able to stay in our current home. We began researching communities, accessible features that we would need, and all of that fun stuff.
Justin and I decided that as much as we love living in Auburn Bay it didn't have some of the accessibility that we wanted for Evan. We made the choice on the perfect community and were just waiting for the estate lots to open.
One day (back in May) we bought new bikes and went for a bike ride in our current community. We walked into the Baywest show home and started asking really specific questions about building a home in this other community. During our discussion we had mentioned that we would love to stay in Auburn Bay, but it just wouldn't work for Evan. The salesman admonished us to "check out " a lot around the corner. We obliged, but were skeptical.
It changed our lives!
Two weeks later we were the proud owners of a beautiful piece of dirt.
We felt so good about it and here are some of the things we love about our new home ...
1) it is the only place in our community that has the amenities that we wanted for Evan (paths and sidewalks)
2) it is located on the lake, but doesn't have the cost of a lake house
3) it has a south facing back yard.
4) neighbors on one side only (aka: great views)
5) we get to stay in the city so Evan can have the socialization that is so important.
6) we still get somewhat of a yard so Landon will be able to run around
7) there is a play park down the street that Landon can play at (and I am sure will break some bone on his body at :-)
We just signed off on the plans so they should start digging soon :-) I will keep you updated as our forever home is being built.
We are soooo excited to finally have a home that works for our family. One that Evan can have the freedom to move around in. A home that Evan can actually use!