Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Fish and the first pictures


So we had a cement slab poured so we can get our pool in next week.  The "cement guy" and I were talking about the lake.  I told him that our neighbor had pulled out some REALLY BIG trout.  Next thing I know I see "cement guy" fishing outside while his employees (he's the owner) are slaving away.  He didn't catch anything that day, but the next day I see him pull out a HUGE fish.  So Ashley and I run the boys out to the dock so they can see this sucker.  

I made the comment that he should keep fishing and catch me a fish too.  Next thing I know it is the end of the work day and he has given me the beautiful fish.  He did offer to gut it for me, but I figure he gave me our dinner, the least I could do in return was gut it myself.  

Now I do know how to gut a fish, but I have never gutted a fish this big.  I would have had an easier time if I had a sharper knife, or bigger hands.  I cut my thumb ... pretty badly.  The cut still hasn't come together (like I can see straight through it), but unlike my sisters accident I didn't go to the hospital and I will survive.  My thumb really does hurt though and because it is open it catches on everything!!!  

Landon fluctuated between super excited, curious, and scared.  He would touch it and run away and hide.    It was super yummy and we have a ton of left overs.






 I just wanted to share a picture of Evan using his new piece of equipment.  Living in this house Evan is able "walk" around.  I love seeing him use this.  I love that our home is now one that enables Evan to be the best he can be.

And now what you have all been waiting for ..........
I don't have a ton of finished rooms, but this is one of them.  I promise I won't wait to post pictures until everything is totally finished, but I want as much order as I could have when I share the pictures.  

With that said ... I LOVE this room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you see the lake?







the nook by our stairs

I love love love our view.  I took this picture tonight from our bonus room.

I didn't realize until after we moved in that we have mountain view!!!  I was so focused on the lake and the water that I didn't realize we had the mountains too.  


I really feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world right now.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

A beautiful home and a beautiful view. I can't believe how big that fish is! I love seeing Evan in his new walker :) Glad you didn't need stitches.

Fred ... said...

That fish is huge. I'll bet he tasted good too. Your home is beautiful. Aren't you glad you put all those windows in your family room?

Natalie said...

I think your room is beautiful. I love the colors. I love the chest and furniture. Great taste!!! Beautiful, beautiful.

Maren Romney said...

Kira! That room is just beautiful! The natural light and the windows are great. That's a great green wall color. I'm so excited for you guys! Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas!
xoxo

Teach said...

So beautiful: the home, the views, your children, the fish! So happy for you, Kira!

Peter and Mandy said...

Wow very nice! Sounds like you will be doing a lot of fishing from your backyard.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

that is insane! Who knew there were fish that big in that lake! hahaha I am so happy I got to see the house in person. Even though it wasn't done, so cute!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous home! Thank you so much for sharing.