Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween

I LOVE LOVE LOVE holidays!!!  The natural closeness of a community and family that comes from the holidays are so uplifting for me.  Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays.  


Remember the "memorable" trip to the pumpkin patch?? 
This is what we did with the beauties that we brought home with us.


Tonight my friend, Kristen, and I hosted a trunk or treat at the church.  We kept it simple and had a REALLY good turn out.  I even ran out of candy!  It was fun and I am so glad that we did it!  

Now for the BIG reveal .........

we did a family themed costume this year!!!!
Justin and Evan both won awards for their costumes :-)


could not get a better picture of Landon!!!  He would stop running!!!!  (such is my life ;-)

my knight is shining armor!!!!

My co-conspirator!

yeah that's right .... we pimped out our van even better this year!  I need to do some more research on how to better attach things to the ceiling inside our van.  All the lights and streamers kept falling down :-(








10 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cool! I LOVE Evan's horse. It's perfect!! I love the family themed costumes. We have our trunk or treat tonight and Dad is coming home early to decorate the van and is worried about putting everything up also. Love, Love the pictures. I sent something for the boys for Halloween but didn't get it off in time for them to get it for Halloween - oh well. Also, is that the dress you got at the thrift shop? Wherever you got it it's the perfect princess dress!!

Becky said...

Love the family theme! I wasn't on top of things this year, so just the kids are dressing up. You look awesome, and I really hope we can meet up again...sooner rather than later.

Lisa said...

P.S. Evan looks really big sitting on the steps!!

Peter and Mandy said...

Way cute knight in shining armor. Our trunk or treat was tonight, but we left before it started...somebody was acting super tired. We're going to try and crash the trunk or treat for the other ward (peter's parents' ward)tomorrow so we can get rid of the costco bag of candy we bought.

Fred ... said...

Great pictures. I love this whole blog thing because I almost feel like I was there. I love the costumes. What a royal family you have. I'm trying to figure out how the dinosaur fits into the theme. Is he the dragon that the night in shining armor is fighting? Good luck catching him. Evan has a fast horse so perhaps he can run him down.

Kira said...

yes Dad, Landon is a dragon. :-) He is really hard to catch ... I have a tough time catching him every day.

Sarah Christine Leavitt Taylor said...

Made my day!!!! :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

That dress is amazing, haha I remember you telling me about it. I love it. The family themed costumes turned out perfect! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Spencer and Melissa said...

Such cute costumes!! Seriously, I LOVE them! I am sad Halloween is over so quickly! I'm glad you were able to go trick-or-treating! XOXO

cheapest rs gold said...

I sent something for the young children for Hallow's eve but didn't get it off in here we are at them to get it for Hallow's eve - oh well. Also, is that the outfit you got at the second hand shop? Wherever you got it it's the most ideal queen dress!!RS 2007 Gold