Monday, February 23, 2009

Elbow Falls




Today Evan was feeling a lot better and I was starting to improve. We decided to take advantage of Daddy being home today and had a little adventure. When we lived in Florida it was easy for me to get out and experience things because it is all the stuff that comes naturally to me and I know where to go. (Springs, Beach, Pool, Sink Hole, Gator Hunting, Disney World etc.) Here, on the other hand, it is cold and I know nothing about the mountains or anything around here.

I think Justin was beginning to realize that I needed to get out and "explore" the natural beauty that southern Alberta holds. We started out the adventure with swim therapy and then had a lovely lunch at the in-laws restaurant. From the restaurant we drove to Elbow Falls. It was cold, but it was beautiful! This is where Calgary gets all of our drinking water. The signs said that in the early spring when the snow is melting the falls could fill an Olympic size pool in 30 seconds. What you see right now could fill the same thing in 50 minutes. I totally want to go back in the spring!

Now when we tell Evan to "smile big" he does this crazy cheesy smile! Can you get any cuter???

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Cute smile on Evan!

I need to go see Elbow Falls. I have never been. Those pictures are amazing! I am so glad you are feeling better.

Fred ... said...

What a beautiful place. I love Evan's touque.

Michelle Knight said...

So glad you guys are feeling better! How fun to get out and see such beautiful places!

Lisa said...

Love the cheezy smile! The falls are very pretty!

Peter and Mandy said...

I love the smile. The falls look beautiful.

Amanda Palmer said...

Glad you are feeling better:)

The Nielsen Family said...

I love that smile on Evan's face. I can't wait to meet that amazing little guy in person. Elbow falls looks like a beautiful place. And Kira, holy smokes I can't believe you went running in -13 degree weather. In the words of Carter, "Brrr, cold."