Saturday, April 9, 2011

education

I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason. Whether we learn the reason now, later, or after we pass on we will learn the reason.

Long story short .... I don't have Bells Palsy again.

That is really a good thing. My doctor thinks I have what is called a "complex migraine".

There are several types of migraine headaches. A "complex migraine" is one in which there are neurological symptoms such as weakness, loss of vision, or difficulty speaking in addition to the headache. In fact, a complex migraine may be mistaken for a stroke.

One theory about the cause of migraine headaches is that blood vessels in the brain suddenly narrow (or spasm) and then dilate; when the blood vessels dilate, the headache develops. During the spasm phase, certain parts of the brain may receive too little blood, and this may cause the stroke-like symptoms. However, unlike a stroke, blood flow is not permanently interrupted during migraine headaches, and the neurological symptoms are nearly always temporary.

My doctor gave me some heavy medication and we are watching it.

I really believe that everything that my body is going through right now is because of the miscarriage.

My wonderful doctor said that a complex migraine is triggered by stress. I wonder what I have had to be stressed about?

2 comments:

Bree Johnson said...

ahh man kira that just sucks
you need a day out to just go relax.. more like a week or two. Let me know If I can watch kiddos while you get out this week ....not even kidding..... Thought lots about you this week. Hope you start to feel the sunshine soon.

thenaptimebaker said...

I hope you get feeling better soon! I totally had something with those exact symptoms happen to me when I was super stressed and pregnant with Sydney during my undergrad at BYU. I never knew exactly what it was but parts of my body went numb, I had a KILLER headache, and it was really hard to speak for a while. It all got taken care of without any damage but now maybe I know the exact name of what happened to me--a complex migraine. Not fun. I'm sorry. We love you!