Friday, April 1, 2011

funny story


Sooooo funny!! I went on a picnic, despite the cold weather, with some of my friends. It is the last full day I have with my boys while Evan is on spring break. I knew that we just needed to get out. We packed up all our stuff and met our friends all bundled up.


Well there were a really large, very cold, muddy puddle that Landon was obsessed with. He doesn't have any rubber boots and was wearing his cowboy boots. He was getting his pants wet and muddy. I didn't really care, boys will be boys. I figured we would leave once the water seeped up high enough that he would be cold. My friend was snapping some pics of my sweet baby when he tripped and face planted in the cold water! It was sooo funny and sad!! He was drenched and had mud on his beautiful face. Poor baby!


Moments later Evan starts freaking out, I mean really FREAKING OUT, because he thought there was a bug on his boot. This happened yesterday too. He totally loses it and I am wondering what is going to happen when the weather actually warms up and there are real bugs (yesterday was a dead bug, today was a piece of mud) that are crawling around. I asked Evan why he is afraid of bugs and he said that it is because they will eat him. No matter what I tell him he does not believe me when I tell him that bugs are harmless. We even went through a list of bugs and what their purpose is on the earth. It's going to be one very interesting summer.


7 comments:

Jenn said...

We went on a picnic too! I want you to know that your home town is WAY better than mine for picnics. I'm bottling some warmth to bring home especially for YOU.

The Nielsen Family said...

Love all the mud!! And you know i can understand where Evan is coming from. I wouldn't say I am afraid of bugs, but if one lands on me I swat at it as fast as possible. If I wasn't able to get bugs off of me very fast or it was hard for me to reach where a bug landed I think I would be freaked out, too!

The Nielsen Family said...

So I just go caught up on your blog and had to comment again though I don't really know exactly what to say other than you hit the craziness, sadness, numbness of miscarraige right on the nail. It is such a wirlwind of crazy emotions and hormones and randomly I would experience those things months later. I remember at my 3 month post check up crying in my drs office wondering, what the heck?!?! I love you and my heart breaks and aches for you after all that you've been through to then go through that Hell has to be indescribable. You are so strong to write it all down. I hope it was therapuetic for you to write because it was therapuetic for me to read.

Lisa said...

I love the picture of mud all over Landon's face!! Too bad Sarah's teeth hadn't been all impacted. She & I would have come up there for her spring break this week.

Fred ... said...

Boys just love playing in water and mud. I agree with you, why fight it. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing your day with me.

Jen and Ricky said...

They are so cute!!! What a fun time. I love your boys. They both have just the best personality. Ben smashed a dead fly into a million pieces the other day and thought he was being helpful. LOL! Bugs and boys. sheesh :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

hahahahahahaha oh sweet sweet boys :)