Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm an Auntie again

Little Levi William Meyer decided to make his appearance 3.5 weeks early than he was expected. He was born on April 9 and weighs a very tiny 5 lbs. 10 oz. The "hopsipull" (as Evan would say) has stupid rules and since we aren't the grandparents we aren't allowed to see him.

We cannot wait to see this sweet little man and smother him with our love.


Another event that occurred on April 9? One of my dear sweet friends Lori Lester became a Mrs!!!!! I am so excited for her and wish I could give her my love and congratulations in person. Lori is one of the most kind, thoughtful, God-loving people I know. We have been friends since the 6th grade and adore her today more than she will ever know.

As for my little family of 4? We are well!!! Evan hasn't had a major melt down in over a week now (knock on wood). He has small tantrums, but nothing huge. I don't know if he is just growing out of it or it is the improvement in the weather, but I LIKE IT :-) Also this weekend Evan had only one accident in his pants. Does this mean he is starting to want to go to the bathroom in the toilet??? I'm not going to hold my breath, but here's to dreaming :-)

Speaking of the weather I think we might actually be coming into spring! I mean maybe. In about a day and a half I went from not being able to see my front lawn to now the snow is almost all gone. THAT is a good sign! This morning while Evan was eating his breakfast he looked out the window at our backyard and yelled ... "LOOK MOM .... GRASS!!!! Why is it brown?"

Some other funny things Evan has said lately:
We were going over nursery rhymes because they are learning about them in school. I started reviewing "Baa Baa black sheep" I started the rhyme and said "Baa Baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir yes sir three (and then Evan yells) SUITCASES!!"

Yesterday I was trying to be funny and said "Oh poop" Well Evan didn't think it was funny and kept getting after me for saying bad words. I kept giggling at his "discipline" method when he finally says to me "Mom, why are you making me the bad guy??" It was so funny because he said it just the way that I do when he is being a pill.

Landon is just funny! He said "house" today and is currently completely obsessed with trucks (which are any kind of car, but his favorite are construction vehicles. Good thing we live in a construction zone ... hour and hours of entertainment!!!








7 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Oh my gosh Landon is HUGE! ahh they grow too fast. Isn't being an aunt the best? Congrats to Chels!

Lisa said...

It's good to see your boy's pictures. When is Evan out of school for the summer?

Fred ... said...

OK, that comment that says it is from mom is actually from me. Sorry, I was logged into her account. I've got to watch that.

Lisa said...

Now this is really my comment and not Dad's....I love the pictures of the boys and the things they say. Congrats to Chelsey & Hans. I'm sooooo excited for Lori. I hope she reads the beautiful tribute you wrote to her.

Linz said...

Great pictures! And awesome stories, Kira. Riley asked me the other day, "Why do you tell me no, Mama?"

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out missie - your mom told me to check out your post. We had a great wedding and are loving the week off to relax! Love you!

Peter and Mandy said...

Oh wow Landon is big!