Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas Day

 I love that Christmas was on a Sunday!  It makes it that much easier to be focused on Christ during the entire day.  What it also meant was that the "materialistic" part of the day was split into multiple sections.

We started the day with the boys jumping on all of their Aunties and Uncles (with our help ;-) to get them up for the day.  Evan was absolutely convinced that he had heard a thump on the roof in the middle of the night.  He knew it was Santa and was just beside himself excited for what was awaiting him under the tree.

I LOVE the magic of Christmas and watching that joy in my children's faces is more precious than any word can describe.  We boogied downstairs with the whole family and opened our Santa gift, gift to Jesus , and rifled through our stockings.  Then it was time to get pretty and head off to church.

Church was so fun for me.  It was the special Christmas program in the congregation I grew up in, and I sang in the choir next to my mom and played my oboe (probably a little better than I did in high school).  I loved it!!  Every moment!



I just think this is a funny picture of my Sis-in-Law, Sharley.

 After church we came back home and dived head first into our present opening routine.  The boys got everything they asked for ... and more.  Thank you everyone for spoiling our children!  :-)

Some of the main gifts were:
Santa brought Evan a pirate Lego that he asked for and Landon the cars Lego that he asked for.
Auntie Sarah gave us a bunch of pirate stuff, including a well loved Captain Jack.
Landon got a Rapunzel doll from Mommy and Daddy and he slept with it the rest of the week we were in San Diego!
GG got Landon a back pack.  To say he is in love with his back pack would be an understatement!!!!!
Grandma made them some snow balls to use inside the house.
There are more, but my fingers are now tired and I need to finish this blog ;-)







After presents came our phone call with my brother Alex.  He is on a mission for our church in Chile and his mission president lets him Skype in.  I love that he can use Skype because it means that the entire family can talk to him, even Brandon who spent Christmas in Texas.  It means so much to be able to see him and meet his companion.  Even Sheba (our 18 year old cat) got in on the action, and we all got to meet Rosalie (my brothers baby who was born 2 days before Christmas).  It was a perfect day!!!



Oh the magic of Childhood captured in a photo!
Yeah the day was THAT good!!!


5 comments:

Fred ... said...

It was a great Christmas and even though you may be better on the Oboe now than you were in High School, you were still amazingly good in High School.

Lisa said...

The best part of the Christmas program for me was hearing you play :) Christmas was so much fun with the boys!!

Tessa @ Lighting the World on Fire said...

what are those paddles!?

Kira said...

they are to take the pizzas off of our pizza stones

Teresa said...

I love it! So magical. So happy you could all be together...even if Skype helped a little :). Thanks for sharing.