Monday, January 30, 2012

Sea World

We had so much fun at Sea World.  I grew up going to Sea World and I still love going as much now as I did then.  I loved seeing the wonder of the sea life on the faces of my children (and Trevor) who had never seen anything like it before.

We got to talking.  These animals are sooo beautiful!!  It is literally magical watching them perform, but which crazy person had the first thought .... 

"Here's a killer whale.  I bet I could train that to flip and jump when I blow a whistle!"  

I'm just glad that I had the opportunity to see the trainers in the water with the whales when I was growing up because they aren't allowed to do that anymore.  








 Evan ONLY wanted to go see the dog show.  We promised him that we would go after lunch but when we got there it was full and they weren't letting anyone in.  It was the last show!  We felt sooo bad!!!  That is the only thing he really wanted to do the entire day and now there was zero chance that he would get to.  So he said, "Well, maybe if I could get my face painted I wouldn't be sad anymore."  Hence Evan got to spend the rest of the day with an awesome dragon on his face.  And he was right, he wasn't sad at all.

Landon saw the penguins and talked about them the rest of the day.  He is the one that wanted this picture taken and he still snuggles up with his "Mr. Penguin" everyday.

I took this picture of my sister and it totally freaked me out because it was my mom ... only blond!!
 (here is a young mom for comparison)

So we were walking into the Christmas Sea Lion show and we pass this little kid in a wheel chair.  I think to myself, "I swear thats the kids that we met in Florida."  We spent about 25 minutes with him in line waiting to meet Buzz and Woody.  I did not think that it was likely because that was Florida in June at the SMA conference and this was December in San Diego.  Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I asked his Dad if his son had SMA and if they were at the conference at Disney in June.  

His dad said yes and yes!  In fact when we first walked into the sea lion show his son leaned over to him and said ... "hey Dad, I know them!"  

Crazy World!!!!!  It was great to see them again and I got his parents email address. 

the top picture is from Sea World
the second picture is taken back in June at the SMA conference in Florida.  
(forgive Evan ... he was REALLY tired at this point in the day)









2 comments:

Lisa said...

That was such a fun day! I have wonderful memories of all our many outings to Seaworld. It is crazy that you ran into that boy at Seaworld that you knew from the SMA conference in Florida. I'm also tripping out about that picture. I would have never thought that we look similar but we certainly do in that picture. Crazy!!!

Peter and Mandy said...

It's a small world out there...and pretty funny about you sister and mom. Though I think Alycia needs bigger glasses.