Sunday, December 27, 2009

Boxing Day

Evan wakes up with a HUGE grin on his face and says "Ho Ho coming today???" I had to explain to him that Santa worked really hard the night before and had to go home to rest. (too funny)

Saturday was a very special day for me. My whole family went to the temple together. First the endowed members did a session together, and afterwards met the other two and did Baptism's together. I feel so blessed to have grown up near a temple and with a family who has valued the importance of temple attendance.

Following the temple Justin and I met up with Mandy and Peter to watch "The Princess and the Frog". As a special treat we took Evan to the movie and he loved it. It was a very enjoyable, but not as good as other Disney films. It totally made me homesick watching it though. It takes place in Louisiana and all that "Southern" culture made me miss my hearts home. Oh I long to be in the south ... oh well :-(

We came home, played Beatles rock band with my family and then I did a crazy move and went to another movie with the girls. They went to see "The Blind Side" which I had already seen, but can't stop thinking about. This is seriously one of the best movies I have ever seen, and I intend on buying it as soon as it comes out and showing it to my boys over and over again. I LOVE that movie and feel fortunate to have watched it again.

So, no shopping for this girl on Boxing day, but still a lot of crazy fun!

p.s. when we came home from the first movie we found that the babysitters had put one of Hayley's size 1 diaper on Landon's size 4 bum. Stay tuned for the pictures!!! (it really was just too funny!)

3 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Since when is you going to 2 movies in one day a crazy move?

By the way, the South is still awesome.

lori lester said...

Kira- we are going out of town Weds morning and won't get back until Saturday evening. I'd dtill love to see you! Are you around tonight, tomorrow, or Sunday?

Anonymous said...

I gotta say the goatee facial hair is a hot look for you

Chris Dyck