Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On the road ... again, and again, and again.....

So after two fun filled day with my Grandparents we said goodbye to Nanaimo (and Auntie Alycia, who flew home to move) and began our long drive east. I wish that I had thought to get a picture of Alycia and the boys crammed into the car. There was even more stuff in the middle because we were using a portion of the space in our car top carrier for Alycia's luggage. I'll tell you this ... I felt pretty darn proud of myself for packing, and unpacking, and packing, and unpacking, and packing .................... so many times! I pretty much became a pro!

Mom and I caught an early-ish ferry and drove to Osoyoos, BC. After a LOT of confusion at the hotel over parking (there was a hummer parked in the handicap stall! You can imagine what the note I left on his windshield said.), and the complete inability to find a luggage trolley the hotel upgraded our room. It took a while to get everything in our room and everyone settled so by the time we were done we ran the boys to the restaurant to eat.

Dinner was actually delightful and calmed a frazzled mothers nerves. I knew if I didn't "run" Landon we would pay for it that night. Since our hotel sat right on the lake we decided to explore their private beach. Imagine my surprise when I put my foot in the water and IT WASN"T TOO COLD!!!! I am so used to bracing myself for frigid water up here in the northern tundra, but this water was actually kind of warm. I come to find out that it is actually the warmest lake in all of Canada. (Why haven't we been vacationing here???)

Anyway, it was a beautiful night. My favorite parts were burying Evan and watching Landon's face when Grandma splashed him!!!!


By the end of the night I was starting to feel pretty miserable (female problems ... sorry boys) and I made really good use of the hotel hot tub. It actually was a really nice place to stay and I kind of wish we had more time there.

No comments: