Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bartending

Last night I worked my first day as a waitress.  It was loads of fun, but I do have to say that there are disadvantages of being Mormon and waiting tables.  I know nothing about alcohol.  Last night I learned what a highball is, and how to make it.  I wrote down everything the customer said and took it to my co-worker.  I then said to her:  "what is a highball?  She wants a Vodka Sprite pressed with water."  Kirsten showed me how to make it, and now I won't be confused when that one comes up in the future.  Unfortunately, I still have a lot to learn.  That same night someone asked me if we had Canadian's.  In my head I am thinking "I think most of us are Canadian ... I wonder what he means."  I told him that I didn't know what that was, but I would find out for him.  It is no wonder he looked at me like I was insane, because it is a brand of beer ... and no we don't sell it.  

By the time I don't have to work anymore I might just be a pro ... NOT!

9 comments:

becky said...

I didn't know you were working, but I'm glad you had lot's of fun! I remember complaining once about how little I was paid and an acquaintance told me to get a job as a bartender because they make loads. I told her that wouldn't work out well because I hardly know anything about alcohol, and she looked at me like I was insane (which I may very well be, but not because of the no alcohol drinking).

Lynn said...

Well, it's good to know you don't know much about alcohol. : D

I wish you the best in learning how to do your job the very best you know how. I bet you will do great.

Teresa said...

I am sure you make a wonderful waitress with your fantastic personality. Best wishes with the waitressing/ Bartending. At times I've been tempted! My friend would make more than me in 4 hours than I make in 10 hours (and I have a masters degree!!!)...I wish you the best in your endeavor!

Lacy said...

How fun- I have never been a waitress but it seems like so many girls/women do it for a long time and can make great money with tips, etc. Including actresses. Hey, are you going to get into acting? JK.

Fred ... said...

You're so cute I'll bet you make a killing in tips.

Michelle Knight said...

Good luck with that! I don't think I could keep all the drinks straight.

Pete said...

I wish I could have seen the guy's face when you told him you didn't know what a Canadian was! haha. Oh, how I love you Kira!

cwitt said...

OH Kira! haha...i miss you by the way :)

Linz said...

You crack me up, Kira!