Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random post

So yesterday Evan woke up at 6:30AM screaming (he is teething) and normally gets up at 8:00AM.  It was also the morning after my 2 hour sleep night.  Needless to say, by 12 noon we were both exhausted.  We attended a wonderful brunch for the ladies in our ward and unfortunately were one of the first ones to leave (crying babies and sleepy moms are not a great combination).  Before I was even buckled Evan was asleep in his car seat.  I decided that since I didn't sleep the night before and my baby was sleeping I would take a nap as well.  Evan was asleep at 12 noon, I was asleep by 12:30PM and we both woke up at 4:00PM!!!!!!  Can you believe it???  I guess we both really needed the extended rest, because we were a much happier pair when we woke up.  :-)

It seems like it has been forever since Heroes has been on the air and we were sooooo excited for its return this last monday.  I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!  The entire two hours we were watching the show, Justin and I were lost.  It is like we never watched last season.  Please, all of our Heroes friends, what is going on??  Were we the only ones that had no clue how the premiere related to the rest of the show?  I hate to say it, but I am actually a little disappointed.  It better improve in the future or I might just have to stop watching it.  We'll see how next week goes.       

9 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! Cute picture.
Man! You two were certainly tired. Glad you were able to sleep for awhile.

Fred ... said...

Are you the cat and Evan the dog or the other way around?

Kira said...

Well, I would also choose being the cat, but I am bigger than Evan, so maybe I'm the dog. Either way, I'm good with it.

JoyRGardner@gmail.com said...

Oh, I love napping. I am so glad you enjoyed a delicious nap because every mommy needs one now or then (or every day). I am glad to hear that you are adjusting and enjoying the beauty of Canada.
love you, Joy

Pete said...

Oh Kira, if you only you were nearer, I would love to help you understand Heroes. I loved the premiere and I'm so excited for the rest of the season! Give it a another chance!

Peter and Mandy said...

I love that picture!...Can't help you with the heroes thing. We were told to try it out, but Peter wants to watch it from the very beginning to see if its worth it. Is it a show where you have to see the very first episode from the first season in order to understand it?

Fred ... said...

You don't go by size, go by personality. I think you're the cat.

Da Costa said...

Ok, I know what you mean about Heroes. We watched it with Chris and Natasha and I don't think we would have understood/remembered what was going on if all four of us weren't reminding each other about stuff that happened last season. So, it does all relate and it was really good. Give it another go, I'm sure in the next episodes, things will clear up! By the way, I've left you three messages and Wally's left a couple for Justino. Call us! We miss you!!!

Kathy said...

I WAS ALSO CONFUSED WITH HEROES!!! I love that show, and kept thinking... wait a minute, I missed something! It's fun to know that, though you're so very far away, we can do something together! I'll think of you every time I'm watching Heroes. :)

Love,
Kathy