Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I sit here with Landon the house is quiet and I can't help but to reflect about where I was at this same time 10 years ago. At 7:12am, 10 years ago today I was already in uniform, walking the streets of Pasadena towards the parade route. I had already eaten, strapped my 80 lb. sousaphone to my body and couldn't wait start marching in the Rose Parade. I was a Senior and the Band president, and so proud of the work our 380 piece band had produced. I couldn't wait! Together the Mount Carmel Marching Sundevil's marched that 8 mile parade with pride and it stands as on of my greatest New Year memories.

Since it is the first year of 2010 I just smile as I think about 2009. I can't help but to smile! It was a great year for us with a job, security, and A BABY! I am so looking forward to 2010 to see what is in store for our family. This year will be my 10 year reunion, our 7 year anniversary, and I will turn 28. (I guess I am officially old this year ;-) In any case I hope that I will develop more as a person, a mother, and a wife.

Last year my only resolution was to not lose my mind. Sounds silly, I know, but Evan had just been diagnosed (which is life changing and very involved) and we got a new baby! Now I feel like I have my life mostly under control and I achieved my goal of sanity. This year I am wanting to play my oboe more (I have some idea's :-) and to read my scriptures more often.

With that thought I would like to say:
"Farewell 2009, you treated us well. 2010 We welcome you with open arms!"

Happy New Year Everyone!

6 comments:

The Hall Family said...

I watched the rose parade this morning and was tearing up watching the bands - - absolutely amazing memories we have of that day! It was truly awesome. I absolutely cannot believe it's been 10 years and that we ARE getting so close to our 30s! AHHH! KIRA! Crazy! Glad we can grow old together acrosss blogspot :)

Grandpa said...

It can't be ten years!!!! It was a great parade, the band was the best of the bunch despite the happening at start of the day. I'm refering to the gas station experiance.The pride we had in seeing you in the parade over shadowed the cold wet day that it was.

lori lester said...

my picture in your uniform so i could march in the rose parade too?!

Fred ... said...

2010 should be a great year.

Carla McDaniel said...

great post kira...loved it

Lisa said...

It's hard to believe it was 10 yrs. ago. I have such fond memories of the Rose Parade and just band in general - being a band mom. Loved it!!