Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Years Eve

We got to go on a family hike around Torrey Pines. Torrey Pines has many special meanings to me. It is the beach that I grew up going to (10 mins. from my house), and it is one of only two places in the world that the Torrey Pines grow naturally. These trees are endangered and are so unique. In fact, they are the trees that were the inspiration for Dr. Suess' cartoon trees. I love this area ( I LOVE the beach ) and had such a blast hiking with my family.

p.s. the weather was gorgeous this day


Sarah and I goofing off with the camera


Sharley and Landon

Coming down the mountain was great!!! You can't see everyone, but we literally crammed 16 people into my parents mini van. We rolled down the windows and sang pop and rap songs at the top of our lungs!! People just kept staring ... but Evan loved it and kept asking for more! If you thought we got looks then, you should have seen the looks we got from passerby's as we piled out of the van.

I love our family!!!


After hiking Grandma treated us to Souplantation .... mmmm :-)
so .... my brothers have MUCH bigger mouths than I do!


cute Evan!

That night Justin and I (who have been married for 6.5 years) decided to go with some of my siblings to the young single adult dance! We just wanted to party and have a good time, and we paid our money ... so I think it is ok. ;-) It really was a good time. I found out that I am not very good at laser tag, but my Alycia, Trevor, and Justin all are. (our team still won). It was very weird/cool for me to be at a dance with my younger siblings. I really only ever attended events with Brandon because of the age gap. This is the first time I have ever been in that kind of setting with Alycia and Alex. I really enjoyed myself and just LOVED that I was able to ring in the New Year dancing next to my hubby and siblings. So fun!



my cousin and his wife worked the event, so we got to hang out a bit. When everyone says that I am tall I tell them that my family is actually the short ones. Peter is a good example of why I don't feel that my 5'10" stature isn't that tall.


LOVE this picture!!!


my baby brother all grown up and gettin' down


me and my siblings. Alex and Alycia

now THAT is talent!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay, Justin does have talent - wow! And Kira, we are not the short family. Uncle Greg & Gaylia's family is the short family and really I would then say Aunt Jackie's and Aunt Farah's are next. Our family is right in the middle with Aunt Dixie's family being the tallest and then Uncle Lester's. Although you are as tall as the girl cousins in both of those families.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I am so happy you and Justin came. It really was fun to go out with my big sister who I never really did any of that with :) Love Love.

Peter and Mandy said...

Looks like you had a blast. I'm not sure which picture is my favorite. It could be 17 people in a van, Justin's amazing talent or Evan slobbering on his foot-afternoon snack :) Glad you guys came.

Lisa said...

I just looked at these again and love the picture of Landon & Sharley :)