Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alex got his mission call


My baby brother got his mission call yesterday and he will be spending the next two years in the Chile, Santiago West mission!!! I am so thrilled for him and grateful that I was able to be part of the experience via the phone. The best part is that .........


I TOTALLY CALLED IT!!!!


I got to watch the video of him opening the call this morning and he just looked stunned and relieved to finally know. While everyone else was screaming around him he just sat on the couch smiling and staring at the paper.


Justin thinks the call is totally awesome because his Grandpa Palmer was the first mission president in Chile.


Congratulations Alex, we are going to miss you, but you will have a glorious mission! I know it!!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay!! So happy you got to be on the phone, that we skyped, and that we all can watch the video and feel more like we were there. I love technology!! I love that we have two video's that give us a different perspective and I love watching Alex's smile :) Did you get to see Marie in the video at all? She is a sweetheart :)

Carla McDaniel said...

Not just because I was born there, but I think that is a great mission call. The people there are so kind, generous and loving. How awesome for him!!

Lynn said...

We are just thrilled. We read your dad's post this morning. Hopefully we can see the video once Colby gets home. He is the only one with a FB account here.

Now if Colby's call would just get here. ; D

Rachel said...

That is exactly where Dan went! Awesome!

Dan said...

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS MY MISSION!!!!!111ONEONEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEON!!!

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry...Im not even sure if you know who I am. But I am more than happy to answer any questions Alex has, because I lived and walked that same place 8 years ago.

WOW I can't believe how exited this makes me.....

Peter and Mandy said...

Woohoo really cool!