Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sometimes it just isn't worth the fight

Justin has been gone since last night (skiing with his Dad) and although he is coming home tonight it is different when he is gone. Immediately after Christmas Evan was eating really well and then he got sick and now we are back to square one!! Today I just didn't feel like dealing with the arguing about food. This is what he had for his meals today ... I am just glad that I am somewhat creative.

BREAKFAST: Mac n' Cheese with a side of apple sauce

LUNCH: Mac n' Cheese with asparagus mixed in

DINNER: Mac n' Cheese with and egg cooked in broccoli and carrot puree mixed in

You know, sometimes it just isn't worth the fight.

Tonight Evan was saying: "I need a [word I have yet to decipher]" After several attempts of me trying to guess he screams at the top of his lungs "Do you hear me??? I neeeed a [word I have yet to decipher]" I sure wish I knew what he needed, but the situation makes me laugh!
:-)
p.s. sorry about my complete lack of blogging lately. You can blame my really addicting book I am reading right now. I promise I will be back soon
LOST STARTS TONIGHT
and
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Me and Trevor enjoyed that story about Evan. One thing I just ABSOLUTELY love about Evan is his adult like way of speaking... you can't help but smile and laugh.

Lisa said...

Evan is a funny boy. When you finally decipher the word you will have to let us know. At least he ate something :)

Carla McDaniel said...

I have to tell you how cute Evan is. Loved the faces he was making at me on Sunday in sacrament.

I think we've all felt at times that it's just not worth the fight...he ate something right?

Michelle Knight said...

Sometimes, it's all about just filling up that tummy. Good job sneaking in other foods. (Carrot puree? Awesome idea!) My kids have gone through similar stages. They grow out of it...eventually.

Evan is such a cutie.

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Good for you! I know those days, cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hope you had fun watching Lost, I need a good show, maybe I'll check that one out. Your little Evan Man is sure a cutie!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

PS My rug didn't work out after all, bummer!