Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Day in the Life of an SMA Mama

I have an announcement. (no I'm not pregnant)
I have "borrowed" an idea from my good friend, Irene! She is making a blog about their journey with their son and his cleft palate. I thought to myself, maybe there are some people who might benefit from our journey through life with SMA. I know what a help it is for me to connect with other SMA families. I know how I benefit from their stories. For this reason I have started a blog about the highs and lows, what has worked for us, and what hasn't.
Sometimes the posts might coincide with my main blog, but this new blog will be solely dedicated to how SMA affects our family, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Y'all are invited to read it if you'd like, but no pressure. I do warn you that I am being very honest and the first couple of posts are not going to be the most positive (it was a very hard time in my life), but I do promise that there are sure to be some spiritual, happy, and even funny stories to come.
Maybe nobody will read it, but maybe it will help someone. For that reason I am sending it out into cyberspace.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that is an awesome idea!! Can't wait to read it.

Bree Johnson said...

how inspiring- I know it will help lots of people-very cool idea

Anonymous said...

thanks you Kira, can I tag along once in a while and share too?
love Angela

Michelle Knight said...

What a great idea. I am sure it will help other moms out there looking for answers or support, plus a great outlet for you.

Kira said...

of course you can Angela!!!

Angela said...

hey, thanks! I'm trying to get a blog of my own going - it takes time - time that somebody or something always seem to need doing, getting, fixing on and on. you know!
xo

Sarah said...

Did you post the link somewhere? I'd like to read it. On a side note, I went to a party last night and this girl was so much like you! I couldn't get it out of my head the entire night. I seriously forgot I wasn't having a conversation with Kira have the time.

Lynn said...

Is there a link to it somewhere that I am missing? I would love to read your new blog. I know that it will help others. You are so thoughtful to think of that.